Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Blinkered, Part 3: exploring on your own (11.24.21)

We've read and heard some new voices over the past couple weeks that I hope will help tune our ears to a broader spectrum of poetry.  With thought and application, and time of course, maybe these new reading experiences will broaden & deepen our own voices, too!

This next week's project is the final part of our three-part series on discovering new and divergent voices in poetry.  Now, though, do your own sleuthing and plan to show us what you've found.  As before, when/if you find a poem that moves you, send it to me so I can incorporate it into a file for all to have afterward.  Please be kind to me and send poems that are easily formatted and not too long!

You can choose writers living or dead, but please select one who's not an old favorite.  Preferably, you'll stay with the theme and choose a poet whose heritage is significantly different from your own.

I plan to use this opportunity to introduce myself to a poet who is completely new to me, and who writes from a very different point of reference.  Who would that be?  I can't wait to find out!


No comments:

Post a Comment